A gluten free superseed, chia seeds are a source of Calcium and Iron, a high source of Fiber, and provide 3 grams of vegetarian Omega-3 per 1 heaping tablespoon 15 gram serving. Chia seeds also contain protein, essential vitamins and minerals and a host of antioxidants, giving them an ORAC value of 1,200 per 1 heaping tablespoon 15 gram serving. The ORAC value is a measurement of the antioxidant capacity of different foods. It is said that Aztec warriors would consume a mixture of Chia and water during hunting trips to ensure stamina and endurance. These mild, nutty seeds are a fast and simple way to enhance your daily diet with an extra boost of dense superfood nutrition.
Allergen Information: Produced in a facility that packages tree nuts (Almonds, Hazelnuts and Cashews). The facility is dairy-free, gluten-free, soy-free and peanut free.
Storage Information: Refrigeration not required. Store in a cool, dry, dark place.
Key Features and Benefits
• Certified Organic, Gluten-Free, Kosher, Vegan, Non-GMO, Raw
• A high source of Fiber with 5 grams per serving
• A source of Calcium and Iron
• A vegetarian source of beneficial Omega-3 with 3 grams per serving
• A delicious addition to smoothies and trail mixes
• No added flavors, fillers, preservatives, additives, sweeteners, carriers, stabilizers, excipients, oils or coatings